Managing Change - The Role of Leaders
Change is a constant in today's business environment. Successful organizations have learned to anticipate, plan for, and grow through the inevitable upheaval and turmoil associated with the change process. They have also learned that the communications and actions of management during such a process are critical. This workshop goes beyond coping with change on a personal level and provides a practical roadmap for successfully leading employees, teams, and entire organizations through the challenges and potential pitfalls of change.
* Understanding why employees resist change
* The 10 characteristics of organizations
that successfully manage the change
* How to identify and utilize the 4 major
"players" in the change process: the
change target, the change agent, the
change sponsor, and the change
* The 3 stages in planned change and
how to build them into your
* The 7 key questions to address in
order to successfully implement an
Workshop includes take-away job aids and practice in creating specific action plans.
Class time: 4 hours
Through lectures and experiential learning activities, participants in this workshop learn to recognize and effectively deal with the emotional turmoil and resistance which are natural stages in the dynamic change process, and practice strategies for increasing receptivity and insuring the smoothest possible adjustment.
Class time: 3 hours
How to Make Any Meeting Efficient, Effective, & Worth the Time You Invest in It!
Learn how to refocus your meetings and make them more productive than ever.
* When -- and when not -- to hold a
* The six characteristics of unproductive
meetings and how to avoid them
* Guidelines for group discussion
* Effective techniques for keeping
* Group activities to increase creativity
Tools for reaching group consensus
* How to tell if a meeting is necessary and
ideas for handling business without
* Guidelines for one-on-one meetings and
Plus: Checklists for taking care of business before, during and after meetings
Class time: This workshop is available in both a four-hour version and a more in-depth